Introduction of 3D printer
3D printing molding technology is a kind of rapid prototyping manufacturing and additive manufacturing. It is a process of connecting or curing materials to produce three-dimensional objects under computer control. Generally, liquid molecules or powder particles are fused together and accumulated layer by layer to finally construct the object. . At present, 3D printing and molding technologies generally include: fused deposition method, such as the use of thermoplastics, eutectic system metal materials, its molding speed is slow, and the fluidity of the molten material is better;
However, PTFE tube has a very important position in 3D printing technology. 3D printing technology is inseparable from PTFE tube. Why do you say that? Next, Besteflon company will explain to you why 3D printing technology cannot do without PTFE tube.
In 2015, the well-known 3D printer manufacturer Airwolf released its first civilian-level 3D printer. PTFE tubes are used in many key components. Because engineering grade materials require high continuous temperatures, the requirements for components are very high. Therefore, the 3D printer uses a PTFE tube as the feeder tube, and an isolation intermediate layer is added between the PTFE tube and the heater. When using a 3d printer, the filament is used for printing. The filament is on a reel, so it can be easily unrolled so that the 3D printer can easily roll the filament. The filament extends from the reel through the PTFE hose to the print head. The PTFE tube ensures that the filament will not encounter obstacles on the way, is guided in the correct direction, and will not be damaged or lose shape on the way to the 3D print head. After all, you want to be able to provide high-quality filaments for 3D print heads. The task of 3D printers with PTFE tubes is therefore very important
What are the characteristics of PTFE tube
1. Non-sticky: PTFE is inert, almost all materials are not bonded with the tubes, and very thin films also show non-stick properties.
2. Heat and cold resistance: PTFE tubes has excellent heat and low temperature resistance. In a short time, it can withstand temperature to 300℃, melting point is 327℃, and it will not melt at 380℃. Generally, it can be used continuously between 240℃ and 260℃. It has remarkable thermal stability. It can work at freezing temperature. No embrittlement, cold resistance to 190℃.
3. Lubricity: PTFE tube has a low coefficient of friction. The friction coefficient changes when the load is sliding, but the value is only between 0.04-0.15.
4. Non-hygroscopicity: The surface of PTFE tubes does not stick to water and oil, and it is not easy to stick to the solution during the production operation. If there is a small amount of dirt, it can be removed by simply wiping. Short downtime, saving working hours and improving work efficiency.
5. Corrosion resistance: PTFE hose is hardly corroded by chemicals, and can withstand all strong acids (including aqua regia), strong alkalis, and strong acids except molten alkali metals, fluorinated media, and sodium hydroxide above 300°C. The role of oxidants, reducing agents and various organic solvents can protect parts from any kind of chemical corrosion.
6. Weather resistance: non-aging, better non-aging life in plastics.
7. Non-toxic: In normal environment within 300℃, it is physiologically inert, non-toxic and can be used as medical and food equipment
When to replace the filament tube on a 3D printer
If your filament is stuck or stuck in the filament tube or PTFE tube, you must replace the 3D printer PTFE tube. Broken tubes will affect the printing results. This is of course a shame, because in some cases, you can restart printing. Some people even think that if the filament gets stuck in the tube, the 3D printer may be damaged. It is impossible for the printer to occupy the filament, which may lead to defects and other damage consequences. It is absolutely recommended to preventively replace the PTFE tube of the 3D printer
How to replace the 3D printer PTFE tube
It is quite easy to replace the PTFE tube with a 3D printer. The filament hose is connected to both sides by a coupling. Use an open-end wrench to loosen the coupling counterclockwise. When the coupling becomes loose, disassemble the whole. You do this on both sides. Then measure the length of the filament tube and replace it with the same length. There are many old snakes, and you can see the marks on the hose. This also indicates how far the tube must pass through the coupling. If you keep the same length, the 3d print head can move freely
Huizhou Besteflon Fluorine Plastic Industrial Co., Ltd nor only owns the most high quality design team and complete quality assurance system, but also is equipped with the advance automation production line with strict quality control system. Besides, the raw material Zhongxin selected all from the qualified brands such Dupont, 3M, Daikin, etc. In addition, there are domestic top raw materials to choose from. Advanced equipment, high quality raw materials, reasonable price is your most idea choice
Searches related to ptfe tube:
Post time: Jul-31-2021